Saturday, April 24, 2010

God Does Not like Hate!

My family is full of born-agains.... born again Christians, born again Mormons, born again 7Th Day Adventist, etc.... In most of these dramatic conversions, the full first half of this person's life was spent NOT following the Word of God... some of them even voiced doubt of God's existence. Me... I was born Catholic... had religion crammed down my throat since day one! In church every Sunday, Holy Day of Obligation, or just cuz! Confession, First Communion, Confirmation, catechism ... you name it, I had to do it... I am not a religious person now. The hypocrisy is too much for me to handle and I am convinced that religion is the root of all evil.... created by man to advance the interest of man... Used to instigate war and hate, yadda, yadda, yadda. Believe in God? Yes. Religion? No. But one thing I learned during those many hours in the pew is that God does not hate. He does not like hate... In fact, if you hate you may end up somewhere you really don't want to be...... That small bit of religion seems to lost on all the born-agains cuz real hate seems to be number one on their list of things to do, especially if it is hatred of the first black president of the USA!

The latest evidence of the hypocrisy of religion came when one of my relatives became of fan of a page on FB called DEAR LORD, THIS YEAR YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTOR, PATRICK SWAYZIE. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTRESS, FARAH FAWCETT. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE SINGER, MICHAEL JACKSON. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, MY FAVORITE PRESIDENT IS BARACK OBAMA. AMEN. Now this person has pictures of Jesus Christ on her walls, spends half her weekends in church and many weeknights too! She prays over snacks! Yet she finds it OK to express that she thinks its OK to pray for the death of the President!!??? What ever happened to "voting the bums out"... waiting until the next election and trying to win the election? What ever happened to writing to your elected representative, raising money, and doing all the normal things to get your guy in office? Praying that he dies??? REALLY??!!

And she is not the only one. I got folks telling me not to give up on Jesus in one sentence, while admitting that he doesn't like Obama because he is black.... I'm tired of these people... When someone tells me that they listen to Fox News because it is fair and balanced or that they like the tea party crowd, I can't help it... I know they are ignorant and easily lead. I think less of them, not because they are conservative, but because they are stupid. Have you heard how Glen Beck talks to people? He thinks they are stupid too!

No comments:

Post a Comment